Friday 25 March 2011

OK, I did - Weak-willed Treecreeper at Landguard

Since I suspected I was going to cave and see the Treecreeper anyway I decided to go on Friday rather than Saturday since the compound can be difficult to see into when it gets crowded.

This was an after work trip, when I got there a little after 3 there were only a dozen people. The bird showed within a few minutes (and only for a few minutes) on the side of one of the Holm Oaks. We then lost it for a bit before it reappeared feeding low down on small branches. Although you wouldn't know it from the photos below it often showed very well, frequently feeding low down in small scrubby bushes.

Poor light and too many branches for the autofocus (and my lack of ability) resulted in these shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment